my travel bucket list
no big surprise, this one is going to be mostly about food.
this list will constantly change and get added to… and hopefully crossed off.
- see a live taping of Saturday Night Live in NYC
- eat bananas foster at Brennan’s in New Orleans
- see Anne Rice’s (former) house – also New Orleans
- eat the fried chicken eggs benny at Hash House A-Go-Go in Vegas
clam chowder out of a sourdough bread bowl on Fisherman’s Wharf in San Fran– done Oct 2010
- bacon donut – either San Francisco or Portland’s Voodoo Donuts
proper Chicago deep dish pizza – in Chicago, of course Jerk Chicken in Jamaica from a roadside stand– Done Dec 2008 tacos from a roadside stand in Mexico– Done in Mar 2009
- a White Castle burger – it doesn’t matter where.
- something/anything from one of Rick Bayless’s restaurants
- climb the Inca trail to Machu Pichu in Peru
- proper southern bbq. in the south.
- visit all the hawaiian islands open to tourists;
O’ahu, Maui, Hawai’i, Molokai, Kaui’i & Lana’i
- see the polar bears in Manitoba
- cross Canada from west to east
- Munich for Oktoberfest
- have a singapore sling at raffles
drink a proper scotch in scotland– Done Aug 2006 eat pasta in italy– done sept 2012
- drink champagne in france
in & out burger– Done July 2010 pinkberry– Done July 2010
- eat a cheeseburger at the squeeze inn in sacramento, ca
- eat the chef’s tasting menu at French Laundry in Napa Valley
have a schnitzel in vienna– done oct 2012